Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
Hi I just got my first Mac back in march for college (was using a Windows XP with dell hardware:( ) but anyway, the problem is that the bottom left side of my trackpad is slightly elevated compared to the rest of it. i was wondering if this was normal? It doesn't effect the trackpad at all but it's kind of annoying. and is there anyway to fix? I know i have apple care for at least a year but i don't know if they cover something like this or if it would even be worth sending it in for. Please Help.

Thanks,
Zac

lindstedt56

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Take it in, Apple will cover that in most circumstances.

There are a couple screws on the bottom of the trackpad that might be loose.

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
ugh the closest apple store is 2 hours away. do you think it will affect it in the long run?

if you're looking for reasons to not take it in, my advice is that you still should. doesn't seem normal, and it's pointless to wait until it could possibly become more out of the ordinary or even unusable.

Sjhonny

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
The land of the cucumbers
I wouldn't do anything about it, unless it's bothersome/unworkable. I'm guessing you don't have the right screwdrivers, so the simplest option would be to go to that apple store and bring it in for repair, which will result in you using you're 'crappy' dell for multiple days ;).

If it works, why would you 'fix' anything?

ThirtyThr33

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2011
Boulder, Colorado
I think you could just wait it out and see if you can get by without fixing it. However I'd at least go and get it fixed by Apple before your Apple Care is up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.