Bottom of Defender for 4s will NOT close

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SweetLou122, Nov 29, 2011.

1. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

Hey guys, does anyone else have this problem or am I doing something wrong here? I have a front and back screen protector on, but still closed the inside shell so its not loose. The bottom silicone piece that covers the 32 pin will not close so it flaps and catches on everything. This is quite annoying, not to mention it looks stupid.

Any input appreciated

2. HKUSP.40 macrumors regular

Is this a new case?

3. SweetLou122 thread starter macrumors regular

yes, only a few days old

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

You have to slide the bottom port cover in, it doesn't pop in.

5. Musubi macrumors member

Musubi

Is this the newer style Defender case (the one with the larger front and rear openings) or the older universal one (like the one pictured below)?

The newer version has a much stiffer silicone covering compared to the older one and it may take some breaking in. I'm currently using the older version and the bottom flap molds itself into place without issues and stays closed. With that said though, some silicone coverings may have some issues so I would check with Otterbox.

Attached Files:

6. SweetLou122 thread starter macrumors regular

ah, that was the ticket. It had closed partway before but I never knew why.

----------

Yes its the newer one with the large flash cutout. Like mpossoff said, I guess you have to pull it back and slide it in the opening. I probably spent a combined hour over the past few days trying to get that thing to close lol.

7. coastalmama macrumors newbie

Mine was the newer 4s and the bottom never would close completely. Had the whole ATT store try, friends and family try, nada. They are sending me a replacement.

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

You have to put the front (open end) first, then slide your finger across the back part.

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Right as I said above it doesn't pop in, it slides in. In fact it's a very nice fit.

10. SnackyD macrumors newbie

Sorry, I know this is a necro bump but I don't know what you guys mean by sliding the flap in. Mine is always out and it's getting annoying! Does anyone have a video or pictures showing how I'm supposed to hide this flap? :(

11. jptsr1 macrumors newbie

jptsr1

Not sure if you got your answer already but if not there is a small lip Under the cover that has to be slid under the opposite side. You do not simply push the cover closed. Think of it like one side of a ziplock bag. You have to marry the two parts by making sure one is under the other across the seal. A vIdeo will not help because the parts can not be seen while the connection is being made. The lip is under the cover at the end where the grey trim seems to have a doubble line.