Bottom of screen slightly dark

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by freejack, Oct 28, 2008.

1. freejack macrumors regular

freejack

Just got the new mbp yesterday and noticed that the display is slightly darker on the bottom edge. I can see the difference no matter what brightness setting I have it on. Is this normal for the new macbook pros? I do not see this issue with my old mbp.

Thanks!

2. Simon Young macrumors member

I have this issue. I might be returning my MBP because of this, and because the 5400 rpm HDD is too slow for editing 1080i video and drops frames in FCP.

3. freejack thread starter macrumors regular

freejack

Have you compared yours to other new units? Could be an issue across the board. It's less apparent when the screen is set to max brightness so many people may not have noticed it.

4. Simon Young macrumors member

I've not noticed it on any in-store units. I also have a strange backlight pattern (viewable from even a slight angle) that isn't on all of them.

5. freejack thread starter macrumors regular

freejack

have you exchanged the machine yet? My mbp was bto so I'm not sure if they'll let me get another one. Will call them later.

6. Simon Young macrumors member

I'm going in tomorrow or Friday to talk to the manager about it. I've taken a couple of items back to my local store and they were very nice about it, but I'm not expecting a warm reception this time. I'll probably become "that anal guy who always brings stuff back" but I don't care. :p