bottom plate warped

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dljor, Dec 1, 2013.

1. dljor macrumors regular

Hi

I like my 13" retina macbook pro.

however, just noticed that the bottom plate warped a little. In the front, it doesn't sit flat with the case. I can push it back, but it won't stay flush.

Is this normal? Worth sending it back for repair?

I am going on a business trip soon. And will be able to stop by the Apple store (an hour from my home). Can they fix it on the spot?

2. Laco macrumors 6502

Personally I would get it checked if it is under warranty. You never know it may get worse. Also it seems like this job could not be done on the spot but I have no idea. So maybe it can be.

3. lemonade-maker macrumors 6502

lemonade-maker

It's a plate of aluminum. Guessing it was bent with normal use. Bend it back or spend 40 bucks on ebay for a new one.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=121208656933

4. raybies macrumors member

Mine too... Some say its too allow the battery to expand.

Kind of annoying cos it pops in and out every time I move the notebook... Gets worse when its hot.

5. dljor thread starter macrumors regular

why didn't you have it fixed?

6. raybies macrumors member

It doesn't really bother me that much... it's just a clicking sound when I move it, like the panel sticking and unsticking from the battery.

It doesn't affect the notebook operation in any way.... so why go through effort of getting it looked at?

They sell the pentalope screw drivers on ebay for $3... so I'll fix it myself if it bugs me too much.

7. dljor thread starter macrumors regular

i am going on a trip next week and will pass an apple store on my way. i plan to have them look at it then.