bottom row on keyboard won't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by I3eXa, Oct 7, 2007.

1. I3eXa macrumors 6502

Ok, last night I was trying to text and I could select any keys from the bottom row!!!! like ^ zxcvbnm delete I was pretty drunk so I thought it was me but this morning it still does the same thing, in safari, texts, everywhere! All other keys work though, anyone else with this problem??

2. ~J~ macrumors 6502

Had the same problem in the exact area. Took my phone to the :apple: store and they ended up sending me a replacement.

3. I3eXa thread starter macrumors 6502

did you try a restore or anything first??? I figured that what I'm gonna have to do....:( did they give you a replacement right away or send yours in and give you a loaner??

4. ~J~ macrumors 6502

I tried everything. Even called Apple Care to see what they thought. I got a temp phone for about 3-4 days, and then got a new one on the mail. Whole process was rather painless and quick.

5. I3eXa thread starter macrumors 6502

and it doesn't have to be an apple store, I can take it too AT&T right???

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I wouldn't trust my iPhone to those chuckleheads at AT&T...

7. I3eXa thread starter macrumors 6502

well I wouldn't either but I'm ok with them giving me a loaner, and mailing in my phone for replacement. Better that than flying to Oahu for the Apple Store

8. ~J~ macrumors 6502

Same here!

Call Apple Care... they can ship one to you... overnight, i believe.

9. I3eXa thread starter macrumors 6502

but I didn't buy applecare for my phone. Is that what you are talking about or just apple's text support.

10. I3eXa thread starter macrumors 6502

just talked with apple and they are gonna waive the 29 dollar loaner iphone fee(damn right) and fix/replace my iphone. The apple guy said the keyboard not functioning is a known issue....wonder how long they've known. And I thought i was one of the few with no issues! :( What series screen is the better one, 5 or 7? Also, is there anything else I should be concerned about when I get the replacement?