Bottom tool bar on safari

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inukami, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Inukami macrumors 6502

Is it possible to get rid of it or hide it? I'd like to surf safari without it.

2. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Nope, it's stuck there indefinitely until Apple decides to make it optional (which I personally doubt they ever will)

3. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats a stupid move i think. Why wouldn't they give us more screen space to enjoy our surfing T.T

4. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

There is a way to get rid of it...

In the 2.0 version of the iPhone OS new additions were made to safari to help developers who wanted to make more native feeling web applications. With the addition of a few meta tags into the page (or something like that) im pretty sure you can hide both the address bar and the toolbar at the bottom if the page you are on is saved to your home screen then you visit it via the home screen button.

5. reemberto.parad macrumors newbie

How to hide the iPhone Safari Browser Bottom Bar

To all of you, who think is not possible, this is the way to do it.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0; user-scalable=0;" />

<!-- this is the part responsible for hidding the bottom bar
    <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />

<meta names="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black-translucent" />

The only issue is that it works only after the user have saved the link to their iphone desktop.

Hope this solves your problems.

Reemby

6. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

What I'd like to see is a tap the bottom to jump to the bottom of the page thingy. Scrolling down can be quite the task sometimes.

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    +8

this comes in quite handy for scrolling to the bottom of long threads of things like in say... macrumors?? haha. (actually the thing I really want it for is facebook. I can get a little out of hand)