Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zero2ton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2008
My iphone 2g fell out of my pocket last night while I was washing hands into the wash bowl and although I wiped it dry immediately, there was some issue after a while. I didn't realise it could cause some issues. But when I received a call, the touch screen didn't function at all and I was unable to answer the call.

After spending sleepless night yesterday to fix this issue, nothing seemed to work. I rebooted, restarted, restored to factory setting, many times, nothing is working. This is a 2g phone with 3.1.2 firmware, jail broken with blackrain. But I still receive the call and the iphone is not completely dead yet. I was able to restore it back. But the "Slide to Unlock" is not functioning, In other words the bottom part of the touchscreen is not responding. But the upper part of the touch screen works, where I can power off.

I almost gave up. Any one having any suggestions. This is very frustrating. I put the iphone in a rice bag, hoping it will take away the moisture, but that didn't work either. I also tried using the hair dryer to remove the mositure, but no success either.

Kindly help.

Gadgetgeezer

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2009
Whole phone needs taking apart and drying. You may need new LCD/Digitiser too. If logic and comms boards damaged then it isn't viable to fix really but there are ways since those are two separate boards and I have successfully changed out comms boards to get phones going.

frithdog

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
I touch frozen at unlock tried everything

My wife hands me her I touch 2nd gen and asks me to fix it. The unit will power up.. the slide to unlock screen appears, however it will not respond to allow me to slide to unlock.

I have tried everything.

let the battery run to completely dead and re started
held down the hold and power button for 5-10 sec...nothing
restored the unit in itunes.... still locked up

I went online @apple.com and submitted it in their warranty section and they said it was "out of Coverage". That's just great.. I bought this stupid thing in December and it is out of coverage..come on apple...They did say that i could send it in and they would look at it... but I would be charged $194.......I can buy a new one for that....

besides throwing this thing against a brick wall, is there any hope on getting the touch screen to respond????

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
My wife hands me her I touch 2nd gen and asks me to fix it. The unit will power up.. the slide to unlock screen appears, however it will not respond to allow me to slide to unlock.

I have tried everything.

let the battery run to completely dead and re started
held down the hold and power button for 5-10 sec...nothing
restored the unit in itunes.... still locked up

I went online @apple.com and submitted it in their warranty section and they said it was "out of Coverage". That's just great.. I bought this stupid thing in December and it is out of coverage..come on apple...They did say that i could send it in and they would look at it... but I would be charged $194.......I can buy a new one for that....

besides throwing this thing against a brick wall, is there any hope on getting the touch screen to respond????

The Applecare warranty is for 1 year. If you bought it in December of 09 then you should still be covered.
Punch in your serial number here for details.
https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do
If its past the 1 year then you can get it replaced for $200 or send it to some repair shop to replace the screen on it for about half of that.
Contact http://www.ifixyouri.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.