bough first mac - question about shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sabelle, Apr 22, 2010.

1. sabelle macrumors newbie

hello!
    yesterday, at around 10 pm, i purchased a macbook with next day shipping. this is my first time ordering anything from apple, and i need it asap. it was not built to order, rather; just a plain old macbook...

it says it will ship within 24 hours. i need it to be shipped today so i can get it tomorrow, otherwise i'm ****ed. i had it shipped to my vacation address, forgetting that "next day shipping" doesn't always mean they'll ship it the next day. bullocks.

is there any possibility that i'll have my mac by friday, seeing as they don't deliver on saturdays? i am scheduled to leave sunday, and i'm not sure if i should call apple to see if i can change the shipping address.. any advice?

thanks!
    sabelle

2. sabelle thread starter macrumors newbie

by the by, sorry to double post, but, i'm in the US. in virginia, to be exact. i read up on some kind of volcano thing. will this effect my shipment?
    thoughts?:confused:

3. seb-opp macrumors 6502

Shouldn't be an issue because macbooks don't come from Europe. In regards to your original question, maybe it's something to ask apple, no one on here could really give you a solid answer

4. brucem91 macrumors 6502

happened with me once, only with a magic mouse, not a macbook thankfully. Since it is cutting it close, I would call apple and get the shipping address changed instead of hoping it will get to you in time. You can call apple and change it over the phone.

5. sabelle thread starter macrumors newbie

ah, thanks both of you. i called them this morning and the woman -- patricia i think it was -- told me it was shipped and i will have it tomorrow at 3. wonderful!