Bought 2010 MacBook Pro, hdd swap, laptop won't charge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Revdup, May 22, 2015.

1. Revdup macrumors newbie

I recently bought a 2010 MacBook Pro, it powered on and charger worked as well. I pulled one of the two hard drives with in my other laptop. when I tried to power it on nothing happened. So I figure it needs to be charged, plug in the charger there is no light, and the battery indicator on the side isn't showing anything either, the power from the battery to the laptop is plugged in. I have two of the correct chargers, and they both work on my other MacBook Pro. If any one could tell me what could have happened between the time I switched hard drives and now I'd apriciate it.

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

You could have disturbed the Magsafe board and its connection to the logic board.
    You may have blown the logic board or Magsafe board with static discharge.

I wouldn't have thought any drive or drive cable problem would give you such a fundamental problem though...

Have you tried every conceivable kind of reset on it?

3. Revdup thread starter macrumors newbie

when you say it like that I probably haven't tried all of them. What else is there besides holding the power button down...newb.. =] thanks you

4. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

I've just sold my MacBook Pro Mid 2010, are you located in Canada?

Well, you could try setting a Genius Bar appointment, to see what's going on, hope your Mac is okay!