Bought 5S on release. Upgrade 21st. Called AT&T, said I'd be fine preordering. Wrong.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattcube64, Sep 10, 2014.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Hi guys, anyone have any suggestions on what I'm missing.

I purchased a 5S on AT&T last year on release day, with a 2-year contract.

I always upgrade every year, and forfeit the "full subsidy" every two years, and instead take the "partial subsidy" every one year.

This year, I want to do the same. However, my upgrade date for an early discount is September 21, 2014.

I've called AT&T twice now, and both times they say "I'll be fine preordering it for the early discount." However, AT&T's site, Apple's site, and the text line all still say I'm ineligible for an early upgrade (For the small discount).

I know others have had success bumping up from the 21st to now... but how'd you all do it. Thank you!

2. hbenitez09 macrumors regular

Att allows you to upgrade at any time within your upgrade month. Example your contract is up on the 21st you were able to do a standard upgrade on sept 1st. They won't do 30 days prior though so for example if you can upgrade Oct 5th you can't upgrade sept 5th.

3. Slicktype, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014

Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Can you please elaborate on this ? How do you get a new phone every year on a two year contract ? I have called AT&T and they will not budge on mine. I too purchased the 5s on launch day, do I am very interested on how to go about this.
    Though I will wait till next weekend to decide on which I'll be getting.