Bought 6 Plus off contract from Verizon, received bill, how do I cancel it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jamesesesesess, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

I preordered a 6 Plus from Verizon and received it on the 19th. I bought it off contract to use it with a different carrier since it's unlocked, but I had to register for a new Verizon account to complete the order. I never activated my Verizon account, I just put my normal SIM card in the phone and put the Verizon one back in the box. I received the bill last week for Sept 16th to the 19th, and it says I owe a little over $100. I chose the cheapest More Everything plan from them.

So how do I go about getting the account cancelled and $100 refunded? I'm kind of confused by their policy. If I cancel before the first 14 days, I have to give them back the phone. Do I wait until between the 15th and the 30th day to call them and cancel? I don't have to pay the $100, right? :confused:

2. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

Regardless if you cancel within the 14 days you still would be responsible for any prorated charges for the amount of days you had service, usage or not. You may be able to have them cut some of that price down but I don't think you will get all of it wiped out