Bought a 15inc MBP LAST WEEK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Deein, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Deein macrumors newbie

Oct 23, 2013
    The question really lies down to this.

I bought mine last week and can still return it for the newer model. Would you do it?
  2. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

Mar 5, 2006
    Southern California
    Yes. If you don't, you'll be kicking yourself down the road.
    If you like your model, ask for a price reduction since it's obviously now lower in price (your older model).
  3. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    Yes, you have 14 days to return it.

Look over the configurations, because the discrete GPU model is a bit expensive,that is the base rMBP only has an integrated GPU.
  4. Deein thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 23, 2013
    I play one game really. An emulated version of everquest ( I dont see it as being a problem since its an older game with a new twist but just wanted opinions.
  5. Shmanky macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2005
    If it's the Retina 15-inch check the display for image retention.
  6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Feb 6, 2009
    Either swap it for a new one or get a price reduction on yours.

Paying full retail price for an early-2013 model last week is getting a pretty bad deal.
  7. Menge macrumors 6502a

Dec 22, 2008
    Definitely return it! New MacBook Pros are quite an upgrade.
  8. Deein thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 23, 2013
    I got mine for 1999 last week.

But so far everyone is telling me to jump ship and get the new one.

Now i'm not sure if I should get the low end 15inch or go with an amazing 13inch.
  9. Gherkin macrumors 6502

Apr 9, 2004
    just called my store and they didn't have any yet but it sounded like she thought maybe later tonight. I'm returning my iMac I bought last week for a rMBP, so I'll update in here if they have them when I stop by later.

just called another store and they JUST got them in.
  10. DannyDrama macrumors regular

Aug 30, 2009
    I bought mine even later than you. I knew there was a refresh but my old pc died and I was desperate. This is also my first ever OSX machine so I was always going to be hugely impressed, Haswell or not. I don't regret it whatsoever. My only niggle: The arrow buttons are so damn tiny!:eek:
  11. Deein thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 23, 2013
    I agree on the arrows. and I have 0 complaints with the one I have now.

The only issue is seeing if its the right choice to update to the newer one or not.
  12. ano0oj macrumors 6502

Apr 20, 2010
  13. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2012
    u spent 2 grand on out of date technology, my as well return it and buy whatever new one u want.

HOWEVER that being said, if ur gaming on it, u may benefit a dedicated graphics card which none of the new macs have , only the 2600 dollar one LOL