Bought a 24" Imac today

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bjmach, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bjmach macrumors 6502

Bought my first Mac machine last week C2D 2.0 Blackbook, 2GB, 180GB drive etc... First time I had used a Mac, windows PC guy by trade it's what I do in the Air Force and I have been itching to dive into a Mac and see what all the fuss was about. I have fell in love with it, even though I know how to do more things than the average PC user it just seems to make me appreciate the MAC and OS X that much more. I decided to sell my core quad PC with a 22" monitor and keeping my HP 22" monitor to pair with the iMac. I think it will be good for me to learn apple machines anyway. When I retire from the military in about 10 yrs I will have my PC certifications and experience with Apple if by that time they take over more of the market share. Mostly lurk here but alot of good information has helped with the decisions so far. Just thought I would share.

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Welcome to both the forum and to Macs!

Apple also has certifications and you may want to look into those.

3. suburbia macrumors 6502

Congratulations on your 1st Mac purchase :)

My very 1st Mac was a Blueberry iMac way back in the summer of '99-- during the renaissance of sort for Apple: Macs were still the exotic new-kid-on-the-block with the newly designed G3s in "Blueberry" and the legendary iMacs in "fruity" colors.

Those were the days before Applecare's hit-and-miss service and Apple's customer service would actually call you back and ask how everything was...