Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
If you like to customize your own ipod with themes, do things apple doesn't want you to do like Download youtube videos and view them offline (MXTube), have an enhanced media player (pwnPlayer which has some nifty lock screen controls). You gain features and lose nothing. You can still buy apps from apple and use them.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
but wen there is is there any point?

yes of course cause then you get to customize the touch with themes and you can have a custom image where it says iPod you can get access to applications you wouldn't be able to via app store due to apple not allowing them. Theres a whole load of very useful apps via cydia after jailbreaking.

you can theme different applications like with me I have a firefox style skin for my safari, I also have a custom theme set at the min and a custom skin for the keyboard when I type stuff

as of NOW yes, but HOPEFULLY coming soon this week.

whats your source on it being this week? dev team still say they are still trying to hack the 2g Ipod Touch nothing saying this week there will be a jailbreak

their block actually says:

But, to maybe show how interlinked these challenges are, this weekend we’ll be trying some hardware based ideas on the iPod Touch 2G jailbreak :)

so they will be doing testing this weekend not a jailbreak will be done this week ;)

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
whats your source on it being this week? dev team still say they are still trying to hack the 2g Ipod Touch nothing saying this week there will be a jailbreak

their block actually says:

so they will be doing testing this weekend not a jailbreak will be done this week ;)

yes but that was posted on friday, so it would of been done the LAST weekend, and just waitin on an update now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.