Bought a 2g Ipod touch. is there any point to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by byeehaaw, Sep 28, 2008.

1. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

2. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

There is actually NO WAY to at this time...

3. kingballin20 macrumors regular

kingballin20

but wen there is is there any point?

4. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

If you like to customize your own ipod with themes, do things apple doesn't want you to do like Download youtube videos and view them offline (MXTube), have an enhanced media player (pwnPlayer which has some nifty lock screen controls). You gain features and lose nothing. You can still buy apps from apple and use them.

5. Tech Star macrumors member

Some people on Neowin said that you can't jailbreak then 2G iPod Touch. Is this true?

6. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

as of NOW yes, but HOPEFULLY coming soon this week.

blog.iphone-dev.org for more info.

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

yes of course cause then you get to customize the touch with themes and you can have a custom image where it says iPod you can get access to applications you wouldn't be able to via app store due to apple not allowing them. Theres a whole load of very useful apps via cydia after jailbreaking.

you can theme different applications like with me I have a firefox style skin for my safari, I also have a custom theme set at the min and a custom skin for the keyboard when I type stuff

whats your source on it being this week? dev team still say they are still trying to hack the 2g Ipod Touch nothing saying this week there will be a jailbreak

their block actually says:

so they will be doing testing this weekend not a jailbreak will be done this week ;)

8. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

9. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

yes but that was posted on friday, so it would of been done the LAST weekend, and just waitin on an update now