Bought a Blackbook on Craigslist, how did I do?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nrivas, Aug 11, 2009.

1. nrivas macrumors member

Hey guys,

I bought this black macbook off Craigslist for $800. Just wanted to get your opinion on if i got a good deal or not. Physically the computer looks new, no dents or scratches.

13.3 inch
    2.4ghz Intel core 2 duo
    4gb ram
    250gb hd
    8x super-drive
    Applecare till April 2011

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you bought it then our opinion will not matter.
    I think it may be about right in terms of price. I would probably try to pay a bit less but that's just me. I think someone is selling one here with lower specs for that much. Now that's criminal!

3. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

When you say "no dents", I'll assume it's Aluminum so I think that's a great deal (stock item plus RAM upgrade and AppleCare). If it's polycarbonate, then it's not quite as great a deal but still good. MacBooks hold their value pretty well.

Enjoy it either way and don't forget to post back if you have any questions. -GDF

Re-read and I see it's a poly...still good deal.

4. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

honestly i think its to much i wouldve bought a brand new white book with the better nvidia graphics card.

5. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I think if you are like some, who really like the "black" polycarbonate style, got a great deal as these things can't be had anymore.

Those are the exact same specs as my early 2008 whitebook which cost me $1200 new.

Assuming this thing looks great, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I think that's a good price. Quickly checking Mac2Sell, that MacBook is listed for $970 CDN.

7. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

well the only difference is the video card and the black one has extra apple care and bit better specs, so i wouldn't be really jumping to the new one being the better deal. Also he the pain to keep the white one clean.

8. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

well hopefully you get the applecare taken care of.
    aka he transferred the warranty to your name already

and i think that's a good deal to be honest. here where i'm from
    Blacbooks usually with a 2.4 and 4gb they definitely rip you off and sells it for about 950 or 1000...
    so it's a good deal man

9. KielderWolf macrumors regular

KielderWolf

Same MacBook that I have had from new. It is an amazing machine and will serve you well, and the price is fantastic. Well done on getting such a smart deal!

Wolf ∑:•p

10. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

AppleCare is attached to the computer not the customer. Hopefully the OP got all the boxes and documentation. Although it's not common, the seller could say he sold his MacBook and bought a new one and transferred it to his new one which would mean the OP wouldn't have AppleCare. Again, not very common though unless the seller is a total d-bag.