Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bondiblueuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Hello! New to this forum! I have always wanted to own an original iMac...and I am planning on using one in the classroom for the pupils so I bought one of these things off eBay. As far as I know the computer is standard config - no upgrades. Comes with Imation Superdisk games and educational software on it. Also has the Windows 98 SoftWindows software. Comes with a printer and all the original user guides...so sounds a good deal!

I was wondering what I could do with this thing for education purposes and just in general as a play around before the school term? It has the Mac classic environment on it but I heard these can take Panther? RAM I am planning on upgrading with a 256mb stick so should have 288mb at the end of it.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
In my opinion it is only good for educational games. The Internet is slow and near unusable on it. Still, maxing out it ram would be good and putting a faster hard drive in it as well. It has a limit to the biggest hard drive. It must be less then 128 GB or the iMac will not start from it. Panther runs nicely on G3 iMac's and is reliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.