Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ballgag

Suspended
Oct 22, 2021
lmao good luck next year when the notch is gone and the twin M1 Max Duo comes out. 20 CPU cores, 64 GPU and 128gb ram. It has been discovered apple left modular parts on the m1 max. sorry but you dropped 5k on something that was obsolete on release.

JohnHerzog

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2021
lmao good luck next year when the notch is gone and the twin M1 Max Duo comes out. 20 CPU cores, 64 GPU and 128gb ram. It has been discovered apple left modular parts on the m1 max. sorry but you dropped 5k on something that was obsolete on release.
???

Jorbanead

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2018
They’re not putting a Max Duo in a notebook. The thermal capacity and power just isn’t there. They are likely using the 2x and 4x Max chips for the desktops that have the cooling and power to sustain those chips.

Also notebook designs are often used for 3 years. Apple is most likely keeping the notch for at least the next 3 years. The only way around a notch is under-display cameras and the tech just isn’t there yet.

I hope this is just a joke.

JohnHerzog

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2021
You now what we really need to do?? We need to bug the FAA/Homeland Security to increase the battery capacity limit for airplanes, because that's what's holding back companies from installing larger batteries

JohnHerzog

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2021
They’re not putting a Max Duo in a notebook. The thermal capacity and power just isn’t there. They are likely using the 2x and 4x Max chips for the desktops that have the cooling and power to sustain those chips.

Also notebook designs are often used for 3 years. Apple is most likely keeping the notch for at least the next 3 years. The only way around a notch is under-display cameras and the tech just isn’t there yet.

I hope this is just a joke.
38-core M4 MMAXXXX w/248 GPU cores!!!

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
LOL, the notch isn't going anywhere...in fact its coming to all the laptops.

JMacHack

Suspended
Mar 16, 2017
Whaaaaat, even though several threads on here were shouting that the new MBP was a dud and that PCs are superior?

Clearly you are an Apple sheep and are not an enlightened gentleman like myself. *tips fedora*

• Haha
Reactions: Tagbert

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
Probably the last computer I ever need.
Having been into computers for about 25 years now. I've heard and read people say this so many times.

I think the last major time I saw people say this was in 2012 when the first Retina MacBook Pro's came out. They had all-flash storage, no optical drive, thinner bodies and amazing screens for the time. But now those are only a few hundred bucks on ebay, have no support from Apple and people are replacing them with newer systems like always.

I'm sure you'll be looking at a new system in 3 to 7 years depending on how well you look after this one.

Jurwin

macrumors regular
You sound bitter. Let the man (or woman) enjoy his (her) MBP. It's not like he (she) spend your money to buy one.

Last edited:

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
With this logic, all things are obsolete on release.

These new MBPs are insane. I have a nearly maxed out 16" Max on order (only thing not maxed is the 4TB of storage instead of 8) and after having an opportunity to daily drive an M1 13" MBP earlier this year, I'm super pumped to get it. I'm sooooo over having my 2019 Intel MBP overheat every time I ask it to do anything even remotely non-trivial.

Sterkenburg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
Japan
With this logic, all things are obsolete on release.

These new MBPs are insane. I have a nearly maxed out 16" Max on order (only thing not maxed is the 4TB of storage instead of 8) and after having an opportunity to daily drive an M1 13" MBP earlier this year, I'm super pumped to get it. I'm sooooo over having my 2019 Intel MBP overheat every time I ask it to do anything even remotely non-trivial.
Same machine here, very happy with my purchase. Couldn't wait to say goodbye to the butterfly keyboard generation. There's always a better tech product around the corner, and yet the new computers are (and feel like) the most significant MBP upgrade in a decade.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.