Bought a DXG-569v and have video issues

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Super20, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Super20 macrumors regular

I bought a cheap 720p DXG-569v camcorder at wally mart. It records to an SD card and it actually came with a cheapy 2gig sd card. The problem that when I pull the .mov off the camera and play it using quicktime, the video is really jerky. Not jerky like I can't hold the camera steady, but the video skips around like the sd card can't keep up with the video recording. is it possible that I need a name-brand card or a high speed card for this thing to keep up? It really is a nice little camera with some good potential, but right now I'm not impressed.

2. -DH macrumors 65816

Don't play the video from the SD card; copy it to your hard drive first then play it. If it still skips, it may have been recorded at a low frame rate.

-DH

3. Super20 thread starter macrumors regular

I did pull the video off of the card. I tried the video using quicktime and VLC player on my powerbook. I also tried it on my Vista machine and still had the same problem. I even tried a name-brand sd card. Chaulked it up to the camera being a piece of junk and returned it.

4. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

im pretty sure the issue is with the SD they gave you. if its choppy/ jerky its because the card cannot "receive" the footage fast enough from the camera thus losing frames making it all choppy. i suggest buying a class 6 card, however you may be able to get away with a class 4 card.

hope that helps