Bought a iPhone 3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chevystrong90, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Chevystrong90 macrumors newbie

I was in game stop buying a few games and I just noticed my local store had a new display off phones and tablets I seem a 8 gig AT&T iPhone 3G for 109$ so I purchased it.

It is unlocked on net 10 sim. And the phone works perfect but I can not send or recieve picture messages when I got it Iactivated it and had to call to setup the 3G. When I mentioned it over the phone she told me I had to set it up first and I followed her instructions to the t.

Well she has me enter a link in safari that installed the net10 profile but in general>profile it says net10 not verified and says it contains the son well when I click advanced settings it says tf data in the username and the lady told me it was wrong it should say net10

However the URL she made me enter was something like this

Iapn.tfdata.net10.com or something I was thinking if I uninstalled the profile and reentered the URL without the tfdata in the middle it will work?

Long story short how can I fix my picture message issue

2. Infinus.gold macrumors regular

Infinus.gold

1. connect to iTune and upgrade firmware/ software/ iOS
    2. if possible visit your carriers local shop
    3. you can also try apple Genius.
    4. You can always delete profiles.

3. Chevystrong90 thread starter macrumors newbie

1. I'm running 6.1.3. I'm not sure but I think that is as high as you can upgrade on 3GS. Not sure when I purchase a jetpak card in a few days ill get online and see.

Ill stop by a local AT&T aswell. Never heard of apple genius??? Ill look into it

And what do you mean by you can always delete profiles.? If I delete the only profile I have named net10 wouldn't I no longer be able to call text or use the phone at all

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

$109 for an iPhone 3G? I would call that a rip off.

5. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Colossal rip-off.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you bought an iphone 3GS, not 3G.
    The iphone 3G doesn't go up to 6.1.3
    Either way you still wasted your money, could have got an iphone 4 or 4S with that amount of money.

7. JrFreak macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

8. Chevystrong90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lets forget about the price.

100 for a iPhone that's a real smart phone and is not a crappy phone is a good deal 0 scratches nicks or marks. To me it was a good deal.

Ill catch another one in about a year or two when I go in there and purchase a 5s or 5c for 100:)

But anyway does anyone here work on these phones or at a service provider and can help me