Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chevystrong90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
I was in game stop buying a few games and I just noticed my local store had a new display off phones and tablets I seem a 8 gig AT&T iPhone 3G for 109$ so I purchased it.

It is unlocked on net 10 sim. And the phone works perfect but I can not send or recieve picture messages when I got it Iactivated it and had to call to setup the 3G. When I mentioned it over the phone she told me I had to set it up first and I followed her instructions to the t.

Well she has me enter a link in safari that installed the net10 profile but in general>profile it says net10 not verified and says it contains the son well when I click advanced settings it says tf data in the username and the lady told me it was wrong it should say net10

However the URL she made me enter was something like this

Iapn.tfdata.net10.com or something I was thinking if I uninstalled the profile and reentered the URL without the tfdata in the middle it will work?

Long story short how can I fix my picture message issue

Infinus.gold

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2014
1. connect to iTune and upgrade firmware/ software/ iOS
2. if possible visit your carriers local shop
3. you can also try apple Genius.
4. You can always delete profiles.

Chevystrong90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
1. connect to iTune and upgrade firmware/ software/ iOS
2. if possible visit your carriers local shop
3. you can also try apple Genius.
4. You can always delete profiles.

1. I'm running 6.1.3. I'm not sure but I think that is as high as you can upgrade on 3GS. Not sure when I purchase a jetpak card in a few days ill get online and see.

Ill stop by a local AT&T aswell. Never heard of apple genius??? Ill look into it

And what do you mean by you can always delete profiles.? If I delete the only profile I have named net10 wouldn't I no longer be able to call text or use the phone at all

Chevystrong90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
Lets forget about the price.

100 for a iPhone that's a real smart phone and is not a crappy phone is a good deal 0 scratches nicks or marks. To me it was a good deal.

Ill catch another one in about a year or two when I go in there and purchase a 5s or 5c for 100:)

But anyway does anyone here work on these phones or at a service provider and can help me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.