Bought a June 2012 15in Macbook Pro, should I return it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by neelite, Jul 30, 2014.

1. neelite, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014

neelite macrumors newbie

Basically, I bought this MBP from June 2012 yesterday, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. The main reason was because of the GT650M, which will allow me to do some light gaming on the go and during breaks in uni. I already have a gaming rig, so I would be using Steam Big Picture and stream the games to my laptop when I'm at home.

But I'm starting to think I should return it when it comes in and instead buy the October 2013 model:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/F...-20ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display

Which apparently has an identical GPU in Intel Iris (which I refuse to believe performs better than a dGPU when gaming), and a faster SSD for $70 cheaper. Not to mention it will have longer support because it came out more than a year later.

What do you guys think? Should I just keep the 2012 model or return it and get the late 2013 model?

2. leman macrumors G3

The 2013 model is better unless gaming performance is important to you. The Iris Pro will be singificantly slower than the 650M in most titles.

3. neelite thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, I'm leaning towards keeping it just because of the 650M but I'm also craving them SSD speeds in the 2013 model haha