Bought a late 2011 MBP 15" in May...so...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TxTime, Jun 26, 2012.

1. TxTime macrumors newbie

After my older MBP was stolen, I purchase a late 2011 model in early May knowing that new stuff was imminent. So, do I ask the store for an exchange to one of the updated models? I don't "need" a retina display...or an Ivy Bridge proc. I can exchange if I like, but do I bother? Are the spec bumps to the proc and the move to Nvidia that significant? Thanks for your thoughts...

Scott

2. noteple macrumors 65816

Yes they are significant. Resale value alone is enough of a reason.

3. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

I always thought you only had 14 days to exchange. Or maybe 30?

4. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Yup 14 days. Sorry OP you're SOL.

5. SR71 macrumors 68000

You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return your MacBook for any reason, however, if you buy a MacBook and it gets updated within 30 days of your purchase date, you can then bring your "old" MacBook to an Apple Store and they should either refund you so long as you buy the newly released model, or they should just trade it in for a new model.

I forget where I read this, but I believe this is true and is one of Apple's policies.

6. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

I think a link is definitely needed to back that up.

Here's their return policy

Found this

Basically says if the manager likes you, they might do a favor for you. But in no way are you entitled to an upgrade.

7. TxTime thread starter macrumors newbie

No sorry needed chief...exchanged this morning...41 days after purchase. I already knew their official policy at the stores. I spoke to the "alleged" store manager and he was happy to make me happy knowing I was probably coming back.

8. whdigital macrumors regular

That's great! Another quality Customer Service Story coming out of Apple. :)

Anyway, you're going to love the new cMBP. Is that what you exchanged for?

9. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Glad you got one of the good managers. If only Best Buy could up the quality of their managers as well.