Bought a Mac before the Back To School Promo? Call Apple!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MikeCP, May 27, 2009.

1. MikeCP macrumors newbie

So I just placed an order for a new iMac yesterday from the education store, only to see the back to school promo this morning. So I called and asked if I should just cancel my order and re-do it to take advantage.

After the tech had me on hold for a bit she said that because I purchased within 14 days of the new promotion, I'm able to be included. There was some limitations (I could only get a 16GB Nano or 8GB touch), but I wanted the Nano anyway.

And here's the best thing, which honestly doesn't make much sense to me.

I was told that because I purchased within 14 days, they're going to add the Nano for free, so I won't have to apply for any rebate. Double Score!

If you bought a Mac in the past 14 days from the education store, I would call for a free iPod NOW!

2. jbellanca macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip - I ordered a new MBP on 5/14 and when I called them they said that they will add it no charge to any order places on 5/13 or later - so, I'm getting a new 8GB Touch!

3. mobi macrumors 6502

mobi

Good to hear, glad it worked out for you! Sometimes Apple is much to rigid on their policies.

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

With good reason too, because then everyone who missed the chance would be asking for the deal or promo or whatever and Apple has to spend more on overheads for people who don't qualify for the promo but get it anyway. Then people would complain about why person X can get something but person Y can't. Where to draw the line?

It's not like the Back to School promo came out of nowhere either, it's been going at roughly the same time for years now. Not to sound stuck up or anything, just my opinion.