Bought a MacBook Air at Microcenter

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by orl2222, Jun 7, 2017.

1. orl2222 macrumors member

Well Picked one up, for 799. Pre WDC speed bump. It has been along time for going back to a Mac for me.Got it for the battery life.I do have surface pro4 which I love but 3 to 3 1/2 hrs isn't enough. Funny, but is remarkable how similar Sierra and windows 10 have become alike.Both automatically downloaded drivers. Had to get used to ejecting DMG mounts again.
    I don't see a problem with the air's screen at all. Since I have the surface which doesn't have usbc, The ports on the air are perfect for me. It amazes me how similar the track pads work and gestures.
    Just thought I'd share. been member here for along time.

2. 960design macrumors 68020

Welcome back! We missed you.

3. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Welcome back. I just picked up a maxed out MBA 13 a month ago, I put it through it's paces overseeing multiple production jobs, nice little workhorse, I also have no problem with the screen and appreciate not only the honest 12 hour battery capability, but also the lightness and classic design of this little book, and the ports - no dongles.

Was hoping the post WDC MBA's would sport 16GB ram, I would have instantly bought a second one.

4. orl2222 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys! One thing I do like about the surface is windows hello.Minor gripe lol. I do have a thinkpad 430 that I bought last year refurburb for 199.00. Loaded that up with 16 gigs of ram, and the fingerprint reader also powers it on it on in windows 10. I guess that was the best tech that 2011 had to offer and it runs as fun as a computer for my niece.
    Now if os10 offered something like windows 10 hello would be perfect. Being 56 years young, I'm getting lazy. I remember in the old days mac os10 wouldn't recognize NTSF formatted drives, plugged in my WD passport it saw everything. Truly amazed how far os10 has come since I last used it. I still have to read up on the new features of os10, so ill be cruising the forums here again. It's good to be back!