Bought a MacBook Pro, iTunes transfer problem.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bestintheworld, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Bestintheworld macrumors newbie

I bought a MacBook Pro last night, and I was tranferring my iTunes library from my Windows laptop to the mac. When I opened itunes after copying the files into the correct folder, I can only view a Library that was backed up in July, which is no use to me whatsoever, I was going to try and update that one to make it current, but I was wondering is there any software that I can extract the files from my iPhone to the mac. Ive seen a few but most of them have a limit of what you can transfer.

2. simsaladimbamba

exPod can help you transfer the music from your iPhone.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

I have never let iTunes manages my music for me(in my opinion, it goes a very crappy job of it) And all my music is stored in the same folder.

When I switched to a Mac, I simply copies the folder over to an external HD, plugged the external on the mac, and copied the folder over again. I simply pointed iTunes to my newly made library, and everything was fine.

I didn't know iTunes kept backups of your library so I don't know how you succeeded in copying one of those, perhaps you could snoop around on your PC and try and centralize your stuff a bit better?