Bought a MacBook today. The guy helping me said i could get the new iPod nano free.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steveoh, Sep 10, 2007.

1. steveoh macrumors newbie

steveoh

i thought the promo was for the previous gen ipod nano. well, i guess if my rebate doesn't go through, i can have him accountable for the mistake he made.

anybody else get the new ipod nano free along with their new macbook?

2. guifa macrumors 6502

The rebate is only for the previous generation iPods. Apple is very clear which model numbers apply for the discount, and it doesn't include any of the new ones (why else would both the second and third gen iPod nano be 149?)

3. steveoh thread starter macrumors newbie

steveoh

this is what i thought too. but the guy at the store specifically said i will be qualified with the new ipod as well. i should give him a call tomorrow.

4. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

Hope you got his name down... Good luck!

Maybe they may waive it and you get a new ipodnano!:D

5. guifa macrumors 6502

Was it at an Apple store or an Authorised Reseller?

6. AndyFL macrumors regular

NOT. Let us know how you're able to hold HIM accoutable when the rebate is rejected a few weeks from now....

YOU: "Oh but YOU clearly said I would get the NEW one..."
    HIM: "Umm, no sir/ma'am I didn't -- can you prove that? Is it in writing somewhere? Because right here it says in the T&C that new ipods aren't covered."

Sometimes, people are just plain misinformed. Sometimes, they'll lead you astray on purpose. It's like calling the customer service agent for <xx> company -- you can call several times, ask them the same question every time and rarely get the same answer twice!

Put simply, this guy does not represent the "rebate people" (ie the ones cutting the checks) and is telling you something contrary to what's clearly printed in black and white -- use common sense. :)

BTW, was this guy, by any chance, a salesman?

7. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

The guy probably meant that you would qualify for a new iPod nano as in it would be a "new" iPod nano as in never before opened or used, and it would be "new" to you. He most likely did not say that it would be the "latest" iPod nano.

8. EYESPORTS macrumors member

IPOD rebate

This is on Apple Website:

Please be advised that Apple announced new iPods on September 5, 2007. These new iPods are not eligible for the Back to School promotion. Rebate claims submitted in conjunction with these products will not be honored.

Along with the new iPod launch, Apple reduced the price on the prior generation iPods — the ones that are eligible for the promotion. This impacts the promotion rebate amount.

For all iPods purchased and invoiced, as part of the promotion, on or before the September 5, 2007 announcement, qualified purchasers are eligible for a rebate of $199, the list price of a 4GB iPod nano. For all qualifying iPods purchased and invoiced under reduced pricing, customers are eligible for a reduced rebate amount. The new amount is $149, the new list price of an iPod nano. Customer rebate claims will be calculated based on verification of invoice date and verification of price paid for a 4GB iPod Nano. Larger capacity iPod nano and iPod units will be eligible for a $149 rebate.

Rebate excludes sales tax. Residents of Rhode Island and Connecticut are prohibited from participating in this mail-in rebate offer.

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Just like I said in the past...

The didn't include the Mac part numbers but they did include the iPod ones.

10. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

11. 1fatcat macrumors newbie

Apple delayed the shipment of iPod Nanos, but assured the store manager his customers would still get the rebate. Got a letter today saying that the rebate was rejected because it expired. I'm sorry, but I was late sending in the rebate because of a mistake Apple made in shipping them. If I had known they were not going to honor the rebate, I would have told them to give me my money back and they could keep the iPod.:mad:

12. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

In the UK we got the back to school offer last month, so we did qualify for a free NEW iPod Nano :D