Bought a macbook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CalumC, Nov 26, 2008.

1. CalumC macrumors regular

Just wanted to share the excitement that i've just bought a 2ndhand 13" white macbook on ebay. And with seemingly perfect timing, my microsoft outlook has crashed, everything is running slowly.

So yeah. :D

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Nice, they're great little machines. What specs is it?

3. CalumC thread starter macrumors regular

2.1ghz processor, 3GB ram, 120GB HD. Looks like office is installed on it, which is a bonus. The pictures i was sent didnt have the ilife apps in the dashboard but presumably they must be on there, if all macs come with it.

4. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Oh thats cool, similar specs as mine then, although I could do with a bit more ram, and mine was new:p
    Yeah if the seller included the DVD then it'll have iLife on there.

I'd recommend getting a sleeve/bag if you plan on taking it around lots, i scratched mine. Enjoy your mac!

5. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

I wish you all the best. But personally I'd never buy computers off ebay again. Burned once, never again.

6. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

once bitten, twice shy....

I've sold two computers on ebay, so there's risk involved, but I have been very careful to be straightforward and honest in my descriptions, and I believe there are many who try to do that. ebay is always a gamble. good for you on your purchase!

7. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Be careful with your palmrest area! Make sure your hands are relatively clean while using your MacBook. Otherwise you'll get dark-tinted palmrest area syndrome.

(I'm serious, be careful. Sometimes white macbooks have been known to have discoloration near the palmrest area and sometimes even cracking)

8. silverblack macrumors 68020

silverblack

9. nick9191 macrumors 68040

That wont apply to the model the OP has bought. Its the model directly before the current model (and in fact is exactly the same as the $999 model except with a Combo drive). And mine is the model before that, which doesn't suffer from it either. I'd say it was fixed with the mid 07 release.

The issue that might occur is a little crack in the plastic by the palmrest, but thats covered for life by Apple, even after your warranty expires.

10. chrisiw macrumors regular

I have had my White MacBook for 18 months now, and it still looks new, I am very careful, that my hands are clean and not greasy, if you take care it will stay looking like day one. .

11. CalumC thread starter macrumors regular

I'll take a few pics when it gets here, everyone loves a box opening thread.

I'm not sure exactly where this model fits into the scheme of things, its a superdrive though so that must place it to a certain extent, 3gb ram was an upgrade by owner obviously.