Bought a MBP 15", thinking I should've gone for an iMac now!...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erasr, Mar 14, 2009.

1. erasr macrumors 6502

Uh oh! Spent £1500 on a MBP, to be honest it's a bit over the top for what I need it for but the money isn't an issue, I just want it to last a long time.

However, while I think it's a quality piece of hardware, and I've already mentioned on here how excited I was to get it...Im not sure now if I've made the right choice...

Maybe it's just my mind playing games after reading that people get eye strain but I do feel the screen is too small for the resolution it's set at, it's looks crap at other res though. Also I don't NEED that much portability for work or travelling issues, it's just nice to be able to come away from the desk and use it elsewhere. Now I'm thinking though it might've been more of an advantage to have a massive screen even though it's less portable.

Is the eye strain noticeable on the iMac at all?

Has anyone got an iMac as well as a MBP and think that your MBP is better/more useful? Just need my mind making up for me I think!

Lastly, if I do want to exchange it, how would I do this. Is it possible to go to an Apple store and do it even though I got it from Apple.com?

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

If you take good care of your lappy, it will last long.

You should have asked yourself before you buy that... if you need portability.

If money isn't an issue to you... you should get the new Apple 24" LED Cinema Display.

Strange... my Unibody MacBook Pro 15" 2.66GHz doesn't strain my eyes.

I have the Apple 24" LED cinema display connected to my Nehalem Mac Pro 8-Cores and.... of course it's 5X more superior then my MacBook Pro but since i don't buy "non-pro" apple machines... i don't know... I'm a Mac Pro & MacBook Pro user...

To me, i think the high-end MBP + 24" LED ACD = iMac.

Here's a macworld comparison:

[​IMG]

http://www.macworld.com/article/139252/2009/03/15inch_macbookpro.html

For an iMac vs MacBook Pro... the difference is not much.

3. jovanboi macrumors member

You know, I think the eyestrain I had in the 2.53 version is actually quite reduced in the 2.66. And I wear high-prescription-lense glasses.