iPad mini Bought a Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by boomhower, Jul 23, 2013.

1. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I had an iPad 2 and my daughter assumed ownership last Christmas. Step-son got my wifes. We finally got tired of not having one and picked up a pair of Mini's. I absolutely love it. To me the size is absolutely perfect. I never thought of the iPad being to big until I used this guy. What really makes the biggest different is the weight. The lighter weight really makes a big difference in longer usage periods. Bought it to use for couch surfing sans notebook, gaming, and to use as a remote.

Downside. It seems a bit slow. In some games it seems to stutter and just run slow compared to my iPhone 5. I'm betting that will be fixed in the fall.

2. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

There's no question about it: the Mini is easy to hold. I owned the Mini first, and then bought an iPad 4. My iPod 5G makes them both look like piggies. :D

I don't game with the Mini, but it's just a fraction of a second slower than my iPad 4 when opening web pages. etc. Sometimes, there tied for speed. Enjoy your new Mini. :)

3. boomhower thread starter macrumors 68000

boomhower

Slow wise is just in some gaming. Main thing I noticed was in Running with Friends. It is decided choppier in the opening sequence than on my iPhone. Granted the iPhone is much faster. It's not a big deal. Gaming is a small fraction of my usage with it. Mainly surfing and soon remote control usage will top the list.

4. Tom2893 macrumors 6502

Tom2893

i bought mine on wednesday, i really prefer the size to the original iPad for some reason. very lightweight and slim. i reckon fall will see A6X chip

5. Yggbert macrumors regular

It's way nicer for sure, the 9.7" iPads are too heavy and wide to type while holding up for a while, plus the corners dig into your hands if you grip it from the bottom. I really dislike my iPad 3 these days, and I think the iOS keyboard is absolutely terrible.

6. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I love the size it's just right. I'll be sure to upgrade to the next one for the better specs