Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
my buying advice...BUY ONE!

this thing is blazing. i don't know why but i got this wild hair earlier today at work and decided i really wanted one. i could not stop thinking about it which led me to the apple store at knox-henderson in dallas. i picked one up and i am using it right now.

hopefully my 17" pb arrives tomorrow.

ibglowin

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2005
Sweet!

My Dual Core 2.3 will arrive on Friday! I finally pulled the trigger as well. Got the edu discount, can't wait. This machine will replace an ancient dual 500 G4. I should see soom faster rendering times in iMovie me thinks! :p

cruxed

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2005
Hong Kong
I myself am considering buying either the Dual 2ghz or 2.3ghz tomorrow.

Any opinions on which one would be a better choice?
I will be upping the vRam to 256mb in the 2ghz.

RAM will come later in the form of third-party RAM.

Will I notice any significant speed differences?

Thanks in advance

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
What hard drives are in the new machines? My last PM had a Maxtor which seemed fine at first but recentley became 'irritating' and 'clicky'.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
yes, the powerbook birth pictures will be available shortly...i am using it now and it is an awesome laptop. i love it.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Cool ppost tekmoe.....The pics were cool, BTW you have one hardcore mac collection.....

Also what screen have you got hooked up the dual 2.0,

Shadow

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
JasonGough said:
its like watching a computer do a strip show :)

*stuffs a dollar bill in the CD drive*

Oh man, congrats on the new Mac!
Well, Macs! What a sweet setup...

post pics of the 17" undressing, too. :)

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
Nice pics! Can we see some pics of the computer with its door open ;) Also, lets see that baby running something just for kicks! Oh oh oh and the powerbook .... lets see that too haha :) Congrats on the new purchase!

lesbarn

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2005
Kansas
Hardware Details On Dual Core 2.0GHz

I got my dual core 2.0GHz on Monday. Here are specs on hardware parts:

Original Ram: 2x256MB DDR2-533 DIMMS appear to be Samsung
DVD Burner: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D
Hard Drive:WDC WD1600JS
Video:GeForce 6600LE

Interesting note that the hard drive is a Western Digital SATA II drive. I added a second drive, but used a Western Digital SATA I. I also upgraded the RAM using Corsair VS1GBKIT533D2. I started with 1GB, but will add a second tomorrow. The Corsair RAM runs without any problems. The only strange thing that I found (maybe I don't know enough about dual channel memory) is when I added the Corsiar RAM, the Apple RAM dissappeared. I am assuming this is due to the different size of RAM 512 sticks vs 256. I hope the above info helps. By the way the computer is great. I waited and extra year to buy a G5 and I am glad I waited.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
tekmoe said:
my buying advice...BUY ONE!

this thing is blazing. i don't know why but i got this wild hair earlier today at work and decided i really wanted one. i could not stop thinking about it which led me to the apple store at knox-henderson in dallas. i picked one up and i am using it right now.

hopefully my 17" pb arrives tomorrow.

A PowerMac AND a 17inch PBook? Did you strike oil down there? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.