bought a new mouse, do you share the same?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by session101, Sep 13, 2011.

1. session101 macrumors regular

hey guys

I bought a microsoft mouse because it was $15 anyways it has the 4 point wheel and an extra button on the side so im super happy with what i got

question, it uses Microsoft Intellipoint program and i wanted to maximize my mac experience with the usage of the buttons such as the magic mouse by apple

anyone have the same setup that can help me with choosing what each button does to mimic the magic mouse? or anyone that has a setup that they really like

let me know

2. session101 thread starter macrumors regular

great now that i have the option to set buttons to uses, it doesn't function...DAMN YOU MICROSOFT! you always have the last laugh

3. session101 thread starter macrumors regular

nevermind, i went to microsoft website and updated the software, now it works, but button choices are limited but overall am happy

the original file had an auto updater, but it said there were no updates....FAIL

you can delete this thread if you want

4. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

For $20 more you could of bought a magic mouse slightly used from ebay if you searched hard enough.

5. session101 thread starter macrumors regular

i got my microsoft mouse 4000 and am really happy with it, the scroll on the wheel can be set to pretty much scroll an entire page in 1 flick, and it has horizontal movement on the wheel also. clicking the wheel lets to move between applications and the button on the side is set at the back button when browsing.

can't complain... plus im running Snow Leopard not Lion

oh and it uses the nano chip, and the chip stores in the bottom of the mouse when not in use

6. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

Even running snow leopard the magic mouse gestures still work just incase you didn't think they did. so you could go forward, backward, up, and down.