Bought a new "old" mbp today, my first "pro" computer!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lamadude, Oct 16, 2008.

1. lamadude macrumors 6502

Hey guys,
    Since the new mbp's are coming out many retailers are dropping the price of the old ones to clear stock. That's how I was able to buy me a 15" model for only 1449 euro (down from over 2000 euro last week)
    As an ex-macbook and ex-iBook user this is my first pro machine, so far I'm loving the build quality with the backlit keyboard and huge screen (compared to what I'm used to)
    I went for the matte display since my desk is next to a big window.

Anyway, I'm sure nobody cares about this, but just as everybody is getting psyched about the new macbooks I'm discovering the "old" model :)

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

That is fantastic news, congrats on a stunning machine, I am waiting by the door waiting for my new 17" to turn up. I went for glossy as I find it easier to read outdoors. Congrats and enjoy your new machine.:D

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations, and welcome to the world of Mac Book Pro; iI did the same thing myself around six months ago, and it's a terrific computer. May both you and your computer live long and prosper together.
    Cheers

4. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

To be honest - you wouldn't notice much difference. It's really just an 'update' rather than new laptops. Besides the whole matte/gloss issue as you have the model with a matte bto option.

Congrats :)

I'm still pondering whether I should get the 17" or a refurb 15" in matte atm.

5. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Congrats!

"Old" it may be, but it's a great value for a lot of power.

6. lamadude thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, thanks! Well I took a 3 year warranty that includes applecare, theft AND accidental damages, so the marriage should at least last 3 years which is pretty long by todays standards ;-)

7. thespyglass macrumors regular

thespyglass

Whee, congratulations! Have loads of fun with it :)