Bought a phone from Canada, can't use in the US!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mac2012x, Jun 23, 2012.

1. mac2012x macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I purchased a white iPhone 4 locked in the US, but I had no idea that it was sold in Canada. As a result, the carrier that had the contract with the phone is the only one that can unlock this phone so I can use it here in the US. But they refuse to unlock it for me because I don't have an account with them, and Apple support on the phone said they can't unlock it for me.

Is there anything I could do to fix this problem? I'm really out of options, thanks all!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Depending on the iPhone's baseband, you can use a Gevey Turbo Sim.

3. mac2012x thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. How can I know the baseband by the IMEI/serial number? Where would I get this Gevey sim? I'd like more info about this, thanks!

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

From the phone, click on settings, general, about, scroll to modem firmware (baseband).

You can buy one (authentic) from www.applenberry.com

5. mac2012x thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but is there another way to find the baseband info since I can't access the phone's settings? I would need a valid SIM card to finalize the setup which I don't have

[​IMG]

6. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

This doesn't add up.

Have you used the phone in Canada? What do you mean you bought it in the US and it is locked to Canada?

All you have to do is go to the phone settings to see the baseband info. If you cannot do that then that is the part that doesn't add up.