Bought a scratched 20" Cinema Display (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MichaelDay, Feb 13, 2009.

1. MichaelDay macrumors newbie

I recently bought a 20" cinema display off ebay (Huge mistake) The seller said that it had "Minor Scratches" And "Can not be seen when system is on" And I can tell you that is a lie. Because once it got here, I was horrified. The seller will not take it back. So I am stuck with it. After doing tons of research, I can find nothing that gets rid of scratches on this type of surface. So if you know anything, Please please please let me know. And even if it will just make it less noticable, let me know. I'm not trying to get rid of it compleatly.

Here are photos of the scratches (Sorry for the quility)

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Michaelday/Misc/monitorscratch1.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Michaelday/Misc/monitorscratch2.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Michaelday/Misc/monitorscratch3.jpg

Thank you for your responses.

2. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

How did you buy the item? Please tell me that it was through PayPal. You need to contact eBay about the item that was not as described.

3. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

There are procedures by which you can dispute the purchase through eBay. Depending on how you paid, PayPal or your credit card may offer some protections as well.

Can you post a picture of the whole screen while it is in use? It's hard to determine what I am looking at when I see the scratch pictures.

4. MichaelDay thread starter macrumors newbie

5. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Then how did you buy it? Paypal? Cash? Credit Card?

6. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

I wonder how scratches like those even happen to such a fine product. Who wouldn't take care of something they paid 600+ dollars for?

7. MichaelDay thread starter macrumors newbie

I paid with pay pal. But like I said, I have already tried doing everything.
    And I have no clue why someone would abuse such a beautiful display. :'[

8. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Oh wow. How does one get those type of scratches on an ACD?

I don't know much about dealing with Paypal but I hope you're able to get this solved.

ETA: You said in your original post that he mentioned small scratches being on the display, how come you didn't ask to see pictures so that you could see if they were something you could live with?

9. MichaelDay thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not trying to settle it anymore. I'm trying to live with it, and maybe make it less noticeable. But the only things i know of getting rid of scratches are lcd's with plastic covering. What is this layer made out of anyways?

Your right, I should have asked to see better photos of it.
    That was a mistake on my part.
    The guy had %100 positive feedback with over 700 transactions.
    I figured I could trust the guy.

Let's just say he doesn't have %100 positive anymore.