Bought a Shuffle about a week ago. Kind of torn.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PDiPietro, Aug 1, 2007.

1. PDiPietro macrumors member

PDiPietro

I kind of like it, but it also seems to have a semi-weak shuffle setup (tends towards more frequently played songs more often), and I've kind of had my eye on the (Red) Nano. It's kinda cool looking.

However, with the new iPods possibly coming out soon, one of those might be nice as well.

Assuming I can return the Shuffle, saying I was dissatisfied with it (I have until the 8th, which is the day after the possible announcement on the 7th), I don't know what I'd do.

Maybe keep the Shuffle (I do like it, I'm just not sure) and get a nice new iPod when the new ones come out? Could I maybe exchange it for a colored Shuffle, if I wanted a color? I had gotten the silver one, but kind of want a color after thinking about it. Will they allow that, as long as I pay the restocking fee? Maybe wait until the 7th and see what comes of it? I'm so confused. :(

Any ideas?

2. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I think you should find a buyer for it, or just return it and lose that 10% or whatever it is. Go to Costco and buy your next iPod; their prices are usually about 8-10% lower than the Apple Store's. You can always shuffle with the Nano, so I think it's the way to go.

3. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

The red nano is the coolest iPod ever, just buy it you won't regret it even if a new one does come out, it won't be that color.

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

What do you mean it won't be that color? You think Apple is going to discontinue the Product Red iPod Nano? Please. People buy that stuff like they're actually helping the world:rolleyes:

5. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Get the Nano, its the best iPod you can get. You can use teh shuffle ability with the nano, carry more songs and pick the ones you want to listen to unlike the shuffle. Even if apple brings out something new its not like you wont be able to sell the ipod.