Bought a stolen IPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by strangeapple, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strangeapple macrumors newbie

Hello Helpers ,
    today i bought a stolen Iphone . When i tried to activate the iPhone it meant that someone didn't delete the iPhone :(. My parents told me that they didn't know about that and when they contacted the one where them
    bought the iPhone he didn't help . Is there anyway to get it working without the passwort ? I have already tried somethings from YT but nothing worked for me and i don't want to download something idk or where i'm not sure if it's safe/clean .
    THank you and sorry for my bad english

2. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Its iCloud locked. Its for theft protection.. You cannot bypass the iCloud lock.

3. ivandr macrumors regular

There is nothing you can do. Don't buy phones without checking to make sure they aren't blocked by activation lock in the future.

Also jailbreaking doesn't offer the ability to bypass iCloud lock so this forum isn't the place for this post.

4. strangeapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it only by the new Iphones ? because i have a Iphone 4s (1.7.2) and maybe it is possible to activate the older ones ? (please ._.)

5. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

iCloud lock was introduced in iOS7. As long as the original user had the iPhone on iOS7+ and enabled "Find my iPhone", the iCloud lock will be used.

I would stop trying to use a stolen iPhone and turn it into the carrier (if you know it), or the police department.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Take it a lesson learned.
    You cant do nothing with it. Its useless.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    As noted there can be no help with phones that have the iCloud lock. There's no reason to keep this discussion going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.