Bought a White Macboo Cheap. How'd I do?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JasonR, Aug 22, 2011.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Picked up a White Macbook 2.2 Ghz, 4GB Ram, 120 GB hard drive w/ a battery in decent/good shape for $200. How'd I do? What is this thing worth?

Right now it's holding me over while I'm waiting for my Macbook Air...

2. StockDC2 macrumors regular

3. Minicube macrumors regular

You got a good deal. Check everymac.com for average pricing for your MB.

4. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Lucky find! That really is a great price. You could probably get twice that if you go to resell it.

Almost as good as my macbook pro (mid 2007) that was the cost of a new screen.

5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Just for future reference, it makes no sense to ask after the fact; 9 times out of 10 you're going to get bad reviews and just leave feeling worse than when you started it.

But that's pretty good seeing as I sold a black one (same model) with a 320gb drive (same ram/2.0ghz) for 500 a month ago.

6. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

What??

So I ended up buying a Macbook Air 13" and sold the white Macbook for $400. Not bad. :D

7. Young Spade macrumors 68020

That's great :)

I mean, like, lets use what happened now. You sold that macbook, you got a great machine. That's awesome. i ddi the same thing and got a MBP instead.

We're both happy. Now if I were a mean prick, I could be all (and mind you, this is completely a joke because you sold that for a good price) dude, you sold that way too low, you lost money.

And then that would hurt your feelings. It's more of a psychological thing, but there are always going to be some people who are just mean, and I was just letting you know, if you do something, be happy that you did it, don't ask other what you did, because chances are, somebody ignorant is going to say something hurtful.

See what I'm saying? But that's a great deal you got (the sell and buy).

8. citizenal macrumors regular

awesome deal, wish I could find a deal like that

9. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Craigslist man...craigslist. All the deals go within 10 minutes...I called this guy up within minutes that it was posted!