Bought AEBS then Updated Product made obsolete

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coogee, Aug 18, 2008.

1. coogee macrumors regular

Bit slow off the mark here but purchased the old Airport Extreme Base Station on 14th June 2007

Then on 7 August 2007 the updated AEBS Gigabit was released, immediately making my brand new AEBS obsolete. (10/100 only)

Is there some period of time during which you have redress with Apple about being sold a product that was immediately made less valuable by being superseded, is it 54 days? lol.

I've only got to it now as I bought a Time Capsule and am going to sell the AEBS but see my resale value is much reduced from the Gigabit AEBS.

Should I just email Steve directly with this enormously important matter? I'm sure the Apple Board will probably want to comment directly.

Yours, feebly, coogee.

At least others can share their tales of superseededness woe here and flame me freely for this pathetic attempt to squeeze something from nothing.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Steve will tell you to chill out.

And technology moves on.

3. coogee thread starter macrumors regular

I never even had an Gigabit Ethernet device using a port on the AEBS, ho ho ho, (MBP wirelessly served), so it never even affected my performance.

It just made me feel less of a man while it sat there and now it will cost me upwards of $20 depending on current ebay stupidity levels. :D

I'll go back to wishing my MBP Video Card will fail horribly before my Applecare runs out as is the vogue :) :eek:

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

[​IMG]

I'd be more upset about the downsizing of the spare tires on the cars, than something you never used on your AEBS. Plus that jack can get you killed. Though for $20 Wal-mart sells a nifty little floor jack that'll keep drunk rednecks from getting stuck under their cars.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Yeah, you wish. I was stuck under the damn thing for 2 hours.