Bought album on MacBook, duplicate songs on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FluxCapacitor1, Feb 10, 2012.

1. FluxCapacitor1 macrumors newbie

I bought an album through iTunes on my Macbook. I then synced my iPhone to get the album on my phone.

The album is there but about half of the songs on the iPhone have duplicates. There are 10 songs on the album. Songs 1-5 have no duplicates. Songs 6-10 have duplicates. The songs in the album look like this:

1-Perth
    2-Minnesota, WI
    3-Holocene
    4-Towers
    5-Michicant
    6-Hinnom, TX
    6-Hinnom, TX
    7-Wash.
    7-Wash.
    8-Calgary
    8-Calgary
    9-Lisbon, OH
    9-Lisbon, OH
    10-Beth/Rest
    10-Beth/Rest

Any ideas how I can fix this? And how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You'll need to manually remove the dups from your phone. To fix this in the future, try turning on 'Automatic Downloads' from Settings>Store on your iPhone. This will cause the album to download to your iPhone after purchasing it from your Mac without syncing.

3. FluxCapacitor1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm... I see that I have automatic downloads already turned on. Maybe the album was downloading automatically and then I synced causing the duplicates on only some songs? Funny that that some of the songs sync to the iphone even if they are already there.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It's definitely a bug. You can try what I just suggested in this thread.