Bought an app then restored my iphone without synching...help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stateofmind, Oct 17, 2008.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

I downloaded Beejive this morning for 16 dollars and then restored my phone and skipped the synching process because im an idiot, now after the restoration was done I went to download Beejive again and it says 15.99 Buy Now. Will they charge me again, or will they know I had purchased it before they deduct money from my card?

2. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

If you just download it again it will know you already downloaded it and ask if you still want to download. I shouldn't charge you. If it does just call APPLE and they'll give credit to your account since they will see that you had previously downloaded the application.

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It knows you bought it. When you try to buy it again it will say "You already bought this item? Do you want to download it again?"

I really wish they would make this more clear without having to click "buy," but I guess they're trying not to encourage people to re-download things all the time.

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

just download again, but make sure its from the same itunes account.

5. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

My guess is they'd have to add the functionality of the App Store program polling every app you ever browse to see if you've already downloaded it. If you have, then it can change the button text or add some other kind of notification. As it is now, it only needs to check your account when you actual go to download it.

6. qwanza macrumors member

Is this the same with the iTunes Music store? When I tried to buy a song I already purchased, it didn't give me a message that i already purchased it.