Bought an iPad 2 and now I'm stuck with it.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iTouch, Jun 28, 2011.

1. iTouch macrumors 6502

Don't get me wrong I own one. But I bought an extra one for a friend who was coming to visit from overseas. The problem is two fold: he bought one already (never bothered to tell me) and it's past the return policy. From my experience it's a hassle to return something past the return policy. I don't want to lose money either. Any suggestions?

2. riam macrumors regular

There is always some one Interested on an iPad I don't think it would take more then a few days to sell it to a friend or relative if not there is always eBay

3. marc11 macrumors 68000

The longer you wait the harder it is to return it and or sell it for a good price. Pick an option and move now! It cost nothing to call the store/Apple and explain your situation and see if they will take it back. If that fails, the same day you can have it for sale on CL or Ebay.

4. trsblader macrumors 6502

Call Apple, and if they won't let you return it, post it for sale immediately. People are looking for these all the time. Since most places are out of stock and Apple has a 1-2 week waiting time, people are looking on craigslist and eBay. I know around me, they sell for almost retail, which would save you from taking as big of a hit.

5. RenoG macrumors 65816

^^this

It kills me to see people selling them on CL for actually more than what they cost new.

Ipad 2 16g Wifi
    Retail: $547 after tax in SF
    CL: average asking price $550

6. chris566 macrumors regular

My Apple store was out of stock when I wanted an iPad 2. I bought one on CL immediately afterwards. It was used and it was the same price as a new one from Apple, but I saved on sales tax. I'd do it again in a second.

7. iTouch thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help. I'll give Target a call. If that fails, I'll try CL.

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

If you bought it from Target, you might be in better shape to return it as they have a 90 day return period.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

9. thekb macrumors 6502a

I don't get what's wrong with this. What you quoted above is certainly not price gouging and why shouldn't the person selling an ipad at least be entitled to reimbursement for the gas it took to get to the store? Not to mention their time?

Now if you posted that the average CL asking price was $700, then you may have a point. Still ... they can charge what the market will bear, right?

Reminds me of a story I read once that a person was arrested for scalping NFL tickets because they charged $70 for two tickets that were face value of $34.75 each. Apparently the law said ANYTHING over face value was scalping, but come on ...