Bought an iPad 2! Have a problem...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by newbiemacguy128, Apr 20, 2011.

1. newbiemacguy128, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

Alright, even though i've kinda been down on iPads and their usefulness as of late I went ahead and bought one (yay for tax returns).

Anyways, I found something on the border of my iPad that looks like its under the glass! Is it common for dust or something to get trapped under it during manufacturing?

I ask because...I don't really care if its dust since its on the black border, BUT! It's kinda worrying me because if that speck happens to be a chip in the glass, it could fracture like a chipped windshield if I one day just pick it up wrong.

Since it looks so minor i'm wondering if I should let it go...its hard enough to find an iPad around here, it would suck to do it all over again. (i'll try to add a picture soon!)

Attached Files:

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you're not happy with it, get it replaced. Otherwise, just leave it as is. If something happens to the glass, you can always blame it on it later.

3. newbiemacguy128 thread starter macrumors regular

Well i'm perfectly happy with it, if its dust.

Also...if the glass cracks its so easy to argue that I abused it in some way.

Anyways...Will Apple replace it for you on the spot? I figured they wouldn't since supplies are so constrained right now...I would call if it wasn't so late!

4. 55test55 macrumors 6502

its dust, i had my ipad one exchanged for it on the screen.