Bought an iPhone 2 weeks ago....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpdrouin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. mpdrouin macrumors newbie

Sort of an impulsive buy. I needed a new phone and walked into the store and talked my wife into buying it for me. Luckiest guy in the world.

Then I accidentally stumble across this website and have learned way way more than I need to know about Mac and iPhones. So thanks. However, this deal about them possibly announcing a new iPhone this week kinda irks me. Let me say this about you guys, I have been in recovery for longer than some of you kids been alive and you guys are worse than heroin dealers! Man, you got me all fired up to go buy a new one right now!

After all the rumors, I like the idea of a faster CPU and more memory. The video phone, front facing phone, matte finishing, dog walking, and everything else is cool but, meh, not for me. And, I think the camera is great on the iPhone, for a point and click it does a great job. I would kind of hope that they keep costs down by not focusing on the camera. But I know others would want more camera features.

Here is my thought/question. I got the 8gig phone - very coo phone. I realize I should just go talk to ATT but I am seeing if anyone else has done the footwork (because I am lazy) I bought the phone at ATT so I have 30 days to return the phone? After that, can I buy the new 3G iphone for the upgrade price? How do I convince my wife that yes, I am grateful for the current iPhone, but it just makes sense to return it to buy the next gen iPhone because it will be.....?

2. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

Yes you should definitely return it within 30 days. They may charge a restocking fee or something small like that. Then when the new one comes out, you can go sign a 2 year contract and get the new iPhone.

Tell your wife that it won't cost you anything and its a superior handset. It would be illogical to keep your 3G.