Bought an iPod touch 4G but service coverage was only 6 months left

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by badboyz31, Aug 6, 2012.

1. badboyz31 macrumors newbie

I bought a white iPod touch 8GB a few days ago. After I purchased the product, I went home to register the product on https://supportprofile.apple.com and https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do.

I'll include the screenshot of what's happen there :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I went back to the store and it assured me that registration in both sites were not important.
    If I didn't register my product in support profile, would it be hampering my usage/warranty later?

Besides, before and after jailbreaking (iOS 5.1.1, I'm experiencing some kind of lag when unlocking. After sliding to unlock, the menu icons appeared but it won't immediately response to my swipes (I'll have to wait for a few seconds before it finally responded to my actions). I didn't if this was factory flaw or just a glitch but it's annoying.
    What is the common factory flaw of an iPod touch which is noticeable by normal users ?

2. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

The delay is normal. Do a search on the internet and you will find postings on how to reduce / eliminate it. I believe one thing was to turn off notifications.

3. badboyz31 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got the solution to reduce the delays but right now I'm still not getting full-year warranty and I can't contact Apple since the telephone support had expired as well.

Does anyone here got any help ?

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

You can always contact Apple without paying a fee as long as your "incident" is hardware related. Your warranty falls under that category.

As long as you purchased your iPod from an Apple Authorized Reseller and have a receipt or other documentation to prove the purchase, Apple will update your warranty information to give you the full year.

5. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

When you go to the Apple support website to check coverage there is a blurb about incorrect warranty dates:

Just call Apple support and request that your purchase date be amended. They likely can do it over the phone if you made the purchase at apple using an apple ID.

6. badboyz31 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, good to know it, however I purchased the iPod touch from a 3rd-Party reseller which happens to be one of the most famous Apple unauthorized reseller in the city.

When I'm searching the Apple website for the contact support number (Indonesia), it was the number of my local GSM provider which also provides iPhone support only. The guy on the phone told me to call directly to the country where I bought the iPod touch (because my iPod touch came from a ZP region while devices here are ID ones).

So now, I don't know which country did ZP products came from ?
    (The closest country to mine is Malaysia but a search in google gave me Australia)