Bought an iPod touch without 3.0 Installed today at the apple store!!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oldaaplexec, Jun 21, 2009.

1. oldaaplexec macrumors member

I just bought an ipod touch at the apple store today and it didn't have 3.0 installed. I called Apple and they said I have to pay $9.95 for the update?! But the update is already out! Shouldn't it be free if you bought a touch after the release of the update?

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Nope. AFAIK, all Touchs came with the previous version. Mine came with 1.1 when the 2.1 update was already out. I had to pay the $10.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

3.0 will not be included until the next generation of iPod Touch, which will probably be September.

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Didn't Apple run a program where if you bought an iPod touch after a certain date, you got the update for free...

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

3.0 is not and will not be pre-installed on any current iPod touch.

The 3G iPod touch will ship with 3.whatever when it comes out in September.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

No, they originally dropped the price on the 1G iPod touch when 2.0 came out but they haven't done it this time.

7. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I noticed Target is selling Touches and Nanos with a $30 or better gift card. Nearly every week now. Looks like they are trying to move out their stock in anticipation of new devices in September.

If I'd been buying one from an Apple store I'd have negotiated for them to put 3.0 on it or discount it $10. If they refused, I'd have gone somewhere else.

8. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

When i bought my 1st Gen iPod Touch, after the January Update, i got £10 off to pay for the update.