Bought AppleCare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lolote, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Lolote macrumors member

Hi,

I bought the AppleCare Protection Plan last month to use it for my new iPhone. I understand that now it is the Applecare+ thing. What do I do with that applecare now? can i still use it?

thanks

2. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

I dont get this applecare+... So, if I break my phone its a 200$ replacement. But if I buy 99$ applecare+ I still spend 50$ on a replacement. so instead of 200 its 150.. big deal.

Sorry to hijack

3. MortalDays macrumors regular

Call Apple 1800 number to sort it out in definite ways. :)

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Read the other threads for TONS of discussion.

There's a bunch more than your simple assessment. Not all damage is covered by $200 Out-Of-Warranty replacements, see support.apple.com

Second accident in two years? Out of pocket you're at $400, AppleCare+ you're at $200 ($100 + $50 + $50).

You also get all the usual Applecare benefits like full phone support for two years vs 90 days, and replacements for warranty items in year two are free (home button, battery < 50% capacity, power button, etc).

Is it worth it for everyone? Of course not. It is also not a simple "one replacement" comparison as you portray; that does a disservice to other people who might not be as savvy as you are and understand all the other factors you didn't have a chance to write about in your post.

5. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

touche