Bought Apps with a Cancelled Credit Card?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Khryz, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

I had to cancel my credit card earlier today due to fraud, but when I came home I forgot about that and bought a couple $0.99 apps from the Mac App Store.

After I bought them I realized what I did - yet they still successfully downloaded. I assume that Apple doesn't charge me for such small purchases individually but does it during a batch job maybe once a day?

Anyway, what do I do here? I don't want to get in trouble or get my iTunes Account locked or anything - yet calling Apple Support didn't help, it just directed me to this website.

Any advice?

2. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I did this long ago with the first iPod touch update ($19.99) and didn't realize until many, many months later. They will just have a account balance owed on your account and I don't think you can purchase anything else until it's paid. However, they won't contact you or anything. It's not really a big deal. Your balance will probably show within a couple days when it goes through. Just change the CC info on your account. I'm not sure if you will have to buy something else for that "occurrence" to happen (it telling you you must pay X before continuing with this purchase) but either way if you get stuck, you can just call Apple and they'll fix it for you.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I would worry about the Credit Card company and you claiming credit card fraud more than Apple

4. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

^ All that will happen is the card will reject Apple's submission and they will just post the balance to your account. Nothing to stress over. (Unless of course there is some weird situation to where your CC account is not "completely closed" as of yet [or something to that extent]), I have no idea how the process of canceling a card works.

5. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sweet!

Okay thanks everyone. New CC is on the way.