Bought bought to school macbook + gift card, got charged for gift card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sephir16, Jun 26, 2012.

1. sephir16 macrumors newbie

So I ordered the macbook air with education discount but I got an email saying the gift card shipped on its own today and saw a -100 in my bank account. Is this normal or should I e-mail/call apple about it?

2. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

You get charged for each item as it ships.

3. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Look to see if you've gotten a $100 credit on the original order. The would mean the gift card amount was offset.

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

My guess is that they did it for accounting purposes. My guess is that your computer will end up being charged at 100 less when it ships. If the total charged in the end is 100 more than it should be (which I doubt) just give apple a call

5. gjamesm macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me when I bought my ipad. Today I received a statement in the mail from Apple stating I had been refunded $50.

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yep!

I was charged the $100 for the card, but credited that same $100 on the Macbook Air I ordered with it.

Pretty sure I remember some wording explaining that would happen when I made the purchase.

7. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Same here - i was charged for the giftcard but a 100 dollars was credited on the Rmbp.