Bought brand new magic trackpad and found a scratch on it...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dndandrea, Sep 8, 2011.

1. dndandrea macrumors 6502

I got home yesterday night and opened up the magic trackpad i bought for my iMac and everything worked ok. I have it on a desk and i have not moved it since i got it yesterday since i only used it for a few minutes. I lifted it up today to take a look at it and see if i could hold it in my hands and click. When i looked underneath it the white bottom part has a bunch of scratches on it and a few of them are pretty big ones.

I don't live that close to the apple store and don't want to waste time going out there if they're just gonna laugh at me and say "how do we know you didn't just scratch it by accident and want a new one now?"... Has anyone bought anything from them that came with scratches on it? i know these were not caused by me... The thing looks like it was a used one that got refurbished... the top looks brand new though.

2. WigWag Workshop macrumors 6502

WigWag Workshop

Have not noticed any scratches on mine, however, I have noticed the "top-coating" is wearing off. Mine is also new, and only had it for about a week. On another note, I love the Magic Tack Pad - I put the Magic Mouse in the drawer.

3. dndandrea thread starter macrumors 6502

yea i love mine too, i used to have a MBP so I'm used to using one. but I'm disappointed that this has scratches on it since I'm sure ill sell it when I'm broke looking for cash... i would never buy something that has scratches on it unless there was a big discount, i don't wanna sell it for cheaper than what i should.