Bought Canon Rebel T3. Lost strap!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jbachandouris, Nov 9, 2011.

1. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I found a great sale at Best Buy.com, $130 off and I had $90 in reward zone certificates. $410 including taxes. I did not immediately install the strap and somehow I lost it. Of course OEM straps are $20+. Very frustrating.

BTW, Best Buy.com offered a free $4GB card the day after I picked it up. I emailed Best Buy and asked for the deal. They offered free 4GB card or $20 to the credit card I used to buy it. I already have a 4GB, so I took the $20. Gee...just enough for a new strap! Grrrrrrr....:mad:

2. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I quickly grew tired of the factory strap on my T2i because there was no way to release it quickly. I bought one with quick release clips and after a few week got tired of it's flaws. I then bough a Black Rapid strap and love the thing to death. I'm not sure I could be comfortable using a regular strap after using the Black Rapid. It is expensive for a strap, but well worth it.

3. Keleko macrumors 68000

I bought a BosStrap. I believe it is similar to Black Rapid. I will never go back to the OEM strap.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

You can get cheap straps on eBay for like $7 if that's your thing. I have a Crumpler Industry Disgrace. Quite pricey for a strap but very comfortable. I also modded it to be a quick release so it's perfect for me.

5. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Get this: I emailed Canon and told them my situation. Less than an hour later, I found the strap buried in the computer bag I had looked through several times already. This morning, Canon replied to my email and told me they were sending me a free strap! Nice customer service.