bought day before update

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MassiveDuck, Sep 9, 2008.

1. MassiveDuck macrumors newbie

I ordered an iMac late last night and got a free iPod touch after student rebate, but then i log on today and see that they came out with an update. My Touch hasn't even been shipped yet so my question is, will i be receiving the last gen version or the new one? also, should i even care considering the price drop isn't an issue?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

The new iPod touch is not covered by the rebate; however, I'm not sure which you'll be receiving.

3. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

As Apple has specifically stated that the new iPod touchs aren't covered by the back to school promotion, it's pretty safe to say you'll be getting the 1st Gen, it's great way to shift old stock isn't it :D

4. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

You will be getting the older version, they normally use the student rebates to move older stock.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You will get the old one. No ifs, ands, or buts.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

You will receive the older model; as other posters have pointed out, it is an excellent way of shifting old stock; besides, it's a promotion. New stuff is rarely flagged in a promotion. And Apple have explicitly stated that the new iPod touches are not covered by this.
    Cheers

7. MassiveDuck thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all for the quick and decisive answer. I was just worried that i was one day away from getting the updated model, but i'm relieved to know that it doesn't matter.